What do you REALLY believe? How can you tell? James 2:17 and 20 say, “Even so, faith, if it has not works, is dead, being alone.
Won’t you know, “that faith without works is dead?”
These verses prove that a person really only believes what motivates or activates him. If it doesn’t activate us, we really don’t believe it, NO MATTER WHAT WE SAY!
Keep this truth vividly in mind as you face squarely these questions:
1. Do I really believe that God loves the whole world and has provided the way of salvation for everyone? John 3:16 says that, “God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
2. Do I really believe that there is only ONE way to be saved? Jesus said in John 14:6, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No man comes to the Father, except by Me.” Acts 4:12 says, “Neither is there salvation in any other. For there is no other name given under Heaven whereby we must be saved.”
3. Do I really believe that it is essential for lost people to hear and believe the gospel in order to be saved? Romans 10:13-15 say, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call upon him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe on him of whom they have not heard? And, how shall they hear without a preacher? And, how shall they preach, unless they are sent?”
4. Do I really believe that God desires the salvation of ALL people? 2 Peter 3:9 says, “The Lord is not slack concerning His promise…but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that ANY should perish, but that ALL should come to repentance.”
5. Do I really believe that God’s commands are to be obeyed? Jesus said in John 14:15, “If you love me, keep my commandments.”
6. Do I really believe that the Great Commission, (to go into all the world and preach the Gospel) is also the Great Commandment? See Mark 16:15 and Acts 1:8.
7. Do I really believe that a Christian can select which commands he will obey and ignore the others? In Luke 6:46, Jesus said, “Why call ye me, Lord , Lord, and do not the things which I say?”
8. Are lying, stealing or using God’s Name in vain worse sins than ignoring or disregarding the Great Commission to preach the Gospel to every person? James 2:19 says, “You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe – and tremble!”
9. Do I really believe that it is possible to preach the Gospel to the more than 5 billion people in the world? More than 2.7 billion have never even HEARD the gospel!
10. Do I really believe that, as God sent Jesus into the world to seek and save that which is lost, He has also sent ME? (Luke 19:10; John 20:21).